I loved this installment and I think that this was Shepard’s strongest work to date. I was hesitant to pick up the sequel because the first book bored me, but I’m glad I decided to pick this one up. Shepard’s addicting writing style keeps you hooked until the very end with a plot twist that was beyond crazy. I personally did not see that plot twist coming at all and my mind was completely blown by it. Hands down one of my favorite Sara Shepard books thanks to that plot twist. But the ending did have a Pretty Little Liars vibe to it. Even though I think this series is a duology and is over now, I can totally see Shepard adding on more and more books to this series and having this become the next Pretty Little Liars series. Overall I highly enjoyed this thrilling book and rated it 4.5/5 stars. If you’re a Sara Shepard fan you must read this duology as soon as possible!
Welcome back to yet another awesome topic of Top Ten Tuesday! Today’s topic is Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession (bought, library, review copies). The following books in today’s topic have been all recently purchased!
1. Unwind by Neal Shusterman
Hello and welcome back to another week of Top Ten Tuesday! Today’s topic is Top Ten Hyped Books I’ve Never Read. My goal with these hyped books I’ve never read, is to hopefully try and read them all by the end of the year!
1. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
2. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
3. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
4. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
5. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
6. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
7. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
8. The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
9. Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
10. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Morgan Spooner
Oh my it’s already July! Even though these summer months are made for relaxing, us bookworms are in the midst of our summer reading. Whether you’re behind or ahead of your Goodreads goal, today I was thinking I would share some information about some upcoming read-a-thons in July to keep your summer reading busy and on track or ahead of those Goodreads or summer reading goals!
Read-O-Rama June 28th-July 4th
Hosted by BrunetteBibliophile: https://www.youtube.com/user/Just4Teens2012
Elizabeth Book Babble: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6pa6K7JLFdO7anMN7XZd1A
- Read 7 books
- A middle grade novel
- A fantasy
- Book with blue on the cover
- Re-read a book
- R-A-M-A in the title/author
Get Your Read On! Read-a-Thon: Take 2 June 29th-July 5th
Hosted by MadDogRebecca: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYcNKn1d-uCC3ZnffPCgZMw
- Read a book where the author’s first or last name begins with the same letter as your first name.
- Read a book that you can get through the quickest. (Open to your own interpretation.)
Agatha Christie/Mystery Month
Hosted by Goodreads group for all the information: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/123987-ayearathon
Summer Cramathon July 10th at 12 AM midnight (your time zone) – July 13th at 11:59 PM (your timezone)
Hosted by WhittyNovels https://www.youtube.com/user/WhittyNovels
- Read a children’s book
- Read a hardback
- Read 2 books in 24 hours
- Read a graphic novel
- Read a book written in verse
- Read a novella
- Read 5 books total
Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/CramAThon
Casual Readathon J2 July 15th-22nd
Hosted by Bookameggle: https://www.youtube.com/user/BookaMeggle
- Read 3 books.
- Read a sequel / ending to a series.
- Read a contemporary.
- Read a book with green on it.
- Read a 2014+ release.
- Read a summer / beach set book.
- Read a movie / TV adaptation.
Challenges may be combined!
Twitter page: https://twitter.com/CasualReadathon
#CrushYourTBR July 17th-19th
Hosted by Raeleen: https://www.youtube.com/user/padfootandprongs07
Twitter page: https://twitter.com/CrushYourTBR
TBRInvasion Read-A-Thon July 17th-19th
Hosted by islandOFbooks: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheislandOFbooks
- Read a book with two people on the cover
- Read a book that you started but have not finished
- Read a Sci-Fi based book
TBRInvasion Goodreads page:
Booktube-A-Thon July 27th-August 2nd
No current information available.