So for this week’s topic of Top Ten Tuesday, the topic is a Halloween related freebie. This could be anything from top ten scary books, bookish Halloween costumes, scary book covers, or whatever you can come up with. The topic I went with it is Top Halloween Reads. This list includes 9 book titles that should get you into the Halloween mood. I included 4 of my top favorite YA horror and thriller novels along with my top 5 dystopian novels.
Favorite YA Horror/Thriller Novels
1. The Merciless by Danielle Vega
2. Welcome to the Dark House by Laurie Faria Stolarz
3. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard
4. The Perfectionists by Sara Shepard
Favorite YA Dystopian Novels
1. Divergent by Veronica Roth
2. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
3. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
4. Legend by Marie Lu
5. The 100 by Kass Morgan
Once again I am back for another Top Ten Tuesday! For today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic it’s the Top Ten Best Books I Read Overall in 2015. If you haven’t read any of these books in 2015 you should make sure they’re on your 2016 TBR list!
1.The Good Girls by Sara Shepard
2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (Illustrated Edition) by J.K. Rowling and Jim Kay
3. Very Good Lives: The Fringe Benefits of Failure and the Importance of Imagination by J.K. Rowling
4. The Death Cure by James Dashner
5. Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman
6. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
7. Ali’s Pretty Little Lies by Sara Shepard
8. Paper Towns by John Green
9. Burn for Burn by Jenny Han
10. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is Top Ten Books I’ve Read So Far In 2015! For today’s post instead of mentioning my top ten books I narrowed it down to my top favorite seven books I’ve read so far in 2015!
1. Very Good Lives by J.K. Rowling
2. The Death Cure by James Dashner
3. Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
4. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
5. Paper Towns by John Green
6. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
7. Ali’s Pretty Little Lies by Sara Shepard
After finishing the last and final book in the Pretty Little Liars series I’ve decided I need an award. I’ve put up with all fifteen books to finally reach this last novel. Let’s just say I had very high hopes going into this installment, but I became quickly disappointed. I’ve broken down my review into two parts; pros and cons. Here are my thoughts about Vicious by Sara Shepard. Also if you haven’t read this book, this book review is full of spoilers just to warn you!
- I call sticking around for the final installment a pro. Seriously who puts up with all this crap and drama this series gave out and still reads it?
- I also loved how all the girls came together once more and all became friends. Much deserved happy ending.
- My first con has to be the pacing of this novel. While Toxic dragged on, I felt as if this novel lacked the speed and action it deserved. The beginning of the novel felt like it took forever to read, but once I moved past that, things were still quite slow. The only really plot twist we had was a huge predictable flop. I thought this novel would have tons of mystery, suspense, and a few big plot twists. Maybe my expectations got in the way, but I was very disappointed with this aspect.
- Prediction. I had many theories set up after Emily went “missing”. From that point on in the novel I made many predictions, and almost all of them came true. I was upset with this point hoping that this novel would have a more wow factor.
- How Ali got caught was another huge con of mine. This really let me down. I was hoping all the girls would catch her and not only serve her a taste of her own medicine, but get caught in an awesome way. It really upset me that the only one to find her was Emily. Not only that, but it took two seconds to take down Ali. I wished Ali and Emily had a bigger and greater fight against themselves rather than just a small fight in the lawn.
- And last but not least the ending. The last sentence to be exact. “Soon enough, I’m coming to get you all” WHAT THE HECK. WHY. JUST WHY. I was so mad it ended with this sentence. Like what the hell Sara Shepard. You can’t keep doing that and dragging out the series even longer than it needs to be. I get you want Ali to come back and get the girls. Whatever. I got that part. But this series could have ended at book eight and just been fine, but with stalling it out to be twice as long with nothing really happens between books seven and fifteen is just infuriating. Whatever. I’m just glad I’m done with this series now. Sorry about this short rant as well.
It’s safe to say that I’m glad this series is finally complete and that I finally finished it. I don’t think I will be picking up any other books by Sara Shepard for a long while. I wished this novel had a bit more action, mystery, suspense, or even a huge awesome plot twist. With being disappointed I decided to rate this book 2/5 stars. It would have been a one point five star rating, but since I’ve stuck along this far I’ve decided to bump it up to another star. My only advice about this novel and this series is either stop at book eight and save your time and money, or read till book eight and just skip to this book.
Summer 2014 Reading Challenge
My 6 Genre Challenge
The other day I came across a bookmark when I was cleaning my room. I looked it over and I thought this would be a perfect little challenge for my summer reading. I took six genres and thought of a book I would like to read at some point and time this summer. My list includes:
Choose a book from the following Genres:
-Mystery: Twisted by: Sara Shepard
-Sci-Fi: Shatter Me by: Tahereh Mafi
-Fantasy: Clockwork Princess by: Cassandra Clare
-Contemporary: My Life Next Door by: Huntley Fitzpatrick
-Adventure: The Maze Runner by: James Dashner
-Historical Fiction: Seeking Signs by: Staci Angelina Mercado
With those books in mind, hopefully I will get through all of them this summer. As of last night I decided to pick up Shatter Me. Now let the start of my genre challenge begin! You can also check out my video below of myself sharing some other reading challenges that I’m taking part of this summer.
So this month has been ultimately crazy. With projects on projects and prom, I’ve been busy up to the brink. But here’s the bad thing that comes with all of this craziness, no reading time what so ever. Yeah, I haven’t enjoyed the books I’ve read this year and lack of free time is not helping my feelings for the books that I am currently reading. I just feel reading is more of a chore than a fun free time activity for myself.
For the next month I plan on reading a bunch more. My last day of school is quickly approaching which brings the positive side; more time to read! I’ve picked a few books from my contemporary section so that hopefully this can get me back into my love for reading. The books are…
1. Eleanor & Park by: Rainbow Rowell
2. My Life Next Door by: Huntley Fitzpatrick
3. Twisted by: Sara Shepard
4. And continue reading A Geeks Guide to Dating by: Eric Smith
I don’t know what’s up with my reading lately and I think I just need to take a break from all distractions and school work to just feel no pressure at all, and get back into the swing of my love for reading.
So I’m starting off the Booktube-A-Thon really slow. It’s day two and I’ve read only a total of 52 pages… Hopefully I can get back on track today and finish the book I’m currently reading, Wicked by: Sara Shepard. This book is number five in the series and so far I don’t see a point in creating more books in the series. In the previous book, Unbelievable, you find out who A truly is. But who knows what Sara Shepard has in store for the rest of the series. I’m looking forward to reading Wicked to see what all Shepard can truly write!
HOLY COW. That is all I can say and think right now. After finishing up Perfect by: Sara Shepard, my mind is completely blown. I did not see that ending coming, and boy does A’s mystery keep getting more and more intense! I really enjoyed this book and gave it a 5/5 stars on goodreads. I’m so glad I got this series and I’m also excited to continue it as well. Honestly don’t know what to say, because I’m so speechless. I highly recommend reading the Pretty Little Liars series.
I am currently reading Perfect by Sara Shepard. This 298 paged book is the third book in the Pretty Little Liars series. This book takes off right where book two left off. It follows what happens after Toby’s death. Soon there is a reported stalker living in the woods behind Emily’s house. I’m 50ish pages into this book and I’m already loving it. I don’t know how Sara Shepard does it, but she hooks me right from the start.