Recently I went to my first ALA Midwinter conference! Going into this conference I had two ARC copies I wanted to get… and well I got a lot more than that! Here’s a big book haul filled with some of my now super hyped reads of 2019. Not only is it a nice sized book haul but we also got BRAND NEW INTROS! Let me know if you like them down the in the comment section below! 🙂
If you would ask me what are my favorite things in life I would be able to answer that question in a heartbeat! Chipotle and books. So since I love these two items so much and talk about them consistently my mind had this amazing idea the other night. Let’s combine Chipotle and books and make a book tag about it. And ladies and gentlemen that is what I did!
Here are the questions to the tag. Feel free to add or subtract questions based on your Chipotle order. Don’t forget to hit the subscribe button since I’m so close to 1,400 subscribers and I will be doing a holiday giveaway soon!
1. Rice: What book is the foundation of your reading?
2. Meat: A book that has a lot to offer?
3. Veggies: A book that is just there/alright.
4. Salsa: A book that has spiced up your life?
5. Cheese: A good wholesome book.
6. Lettuce: A light quick read.
7. Hot sauce: A book that is terrifyingly spooky and hot.
8. Chips and Salsa: A book that you could snack on forever.
Ah, the month of October was a refreshing spooky month filled with great reading. I ended up reading 4 books and the overall rating was ⅘ stars. I’m also so glad that the Spook-A-Thon had happened this month which got me the drive to read Halloween vibed books.
I’m also sad that October is over. I was getting in this reading groove and it was fun and made reading seem not like a chore. Now that Halloween is over I’m hoping to get back into a schedule where I can make more time to read and also bullet journal my reading progress this month. I also have a few goals that I want to make a list of to try to complete by the end of the year.
Anyways, I hope you enjoy my October Wrap Up and I wish you the very best reading month in November.
So for this week’s topic of Top Ten Tuesday, the topic is a Halloween related freebie. This could be anything from top ten scary books, bookish Halloween costumes, scary book covers, or whatever you can come up with. The topic I went with it is Top Halloween Reads. This list includes 9 book titles that should get you into the Halloween mood. I included 4 of my top favorite YA horror and thriller novels along with my top 5 dystopian novels.
Favorite YA Horror/Thriller Novels
1. The Merciless by Danielle Vega
2. Welcome to the Dark House by Laurie Faria Stolarz
3. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard
4. The Perfectionists by Sara Shepard
Favorite YA Dystopian Novels
1. Divergent by Veronica Roth
2. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
3. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
4. Legend by Marie Lu
5. The 100 by Kass Morgan
So for today’s Top Ten Tuesday I picked the Top 5 Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year. I couldn’t think of 10 books so I just stuck with 5. Did any of my books make it on your list? What books do you hope Santa leaves under your tree?
1.The 100 by Kass Morgan (or the whole trilogy).
I would love to read this book and compare it to the t.v. show!
2. Eye of Minds by James Dashner
I loved Dashner’s Maze Runner trilogy and I would love to read some of his other work.
3. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
The main character is allergic to everything and I’m allergic to basically any animal that has fur so I think I could relate a lot to this book.
4. Missoula by Jon Krakauer
This book takes place not too far from where I live. Even though this book is about a serious topic, I’d still love to read it and get to know more about the situation that went on.
5. Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid
Just a light fluffy contemporary I’ve had my eye on for a while.
Once again I am back for another Top Ten Tuesday! For today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic it’s the Top Ten Best Books I Read Overall in 2015. If you haven’t read any of these books in 2015 you should make sure they’re on your 2016 TBR list!
1.The Good Girls by Sara Shepard
2. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (Illustrated Edition) by J.K. Rowling and Jim Kay
3. Very Good Lives: The Fringe Benefits of Failure and the Importance of Imagination by J.K. Rowling
4. The Death Cure by James Dashner
5. Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman
6. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
7. Ali’s Pretty Little Lies by Sara Shepard
8. Paper Towns by John Green
9. Burn for Burn by Jenny Han
10. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
Hello and welcome to today’s Top Ten Tuesday! For today’s Top Ten Tuesday I picked the Top Ten Book Series That I Have Abandon. Whether I abandoned them because I was bored or because I lost interest in the series, here are my top ten. This list does go in order of 1 being the most recent and 10 being the first book series that I abandoned.
1. Burn for Burn trilogy by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
2. A Thousand Pieces of You trilogy by Claudia Gray
3. The Walking Dead series by Robert Kirkman and Tom Moore
4. The Kane Chronicles trilogy by Rick Riordan
5. The Shiver trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater
6. Matched trilogy by Ally Condie
7. The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy by Jenny Han
8. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
9. Private series by Kate Brian
10. Diary of a Wimpy Kid series by Jeff Kinney