Since it’s the summer time again, that means a new spooky book by one of my favorite authors gets released. The Haunted by Danielle Vega is one of my most highly anticipated reads of 2019. This book was released on June 4th but I was lucky enough to get an ARC copy at ALA Midwinter Conference in Seattle this year. Below you will find my review which contains all my thoughts, feels, and opinions. Enjoy!
So for this week’s topic of Top Ten Tuesday, the topic is a Halloween related freebie. This could be anything from top ten scary books, bookish Halloween costumes, scary book covers, or whatever you can come up with. The topic I went with it is Top Halloween Reads. This list includes 9 book titles that should get you into the Halloween mood. I included 4 of my top favorite YA horror and thriller novels along with my top 5 dystopian novels.
Favorite YA Horror/Thriller Novels
1. The Merciless by Danielle Vega
2. Welcome to the Dark House by Laurie Faria Stolarz
3. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard
4. The Perfectionists by Sara Shepard
Favorite YA Dystopian Novels
1. Divergent by Veronica Roth
2. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
3. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
4. Legend by Marie Lu
5. The 100 by Kass Morgan